Art is a very effective means of easing anxiety, stress and depression.
Studies have proven that the creative process involved in the making of art is healing and life-enhancing. It’s used to assist all people to increase self awareness, build self-esteem, self-worth and confidence.
- Paint Pouring is a free flowing method with minimal use of brushes and an expressionist way of painting. A theme is followed but as its not a matter of copying it’s a stress free process.
- Open to all ages 10 years and over, carers/family are encouraged to assist if needed.
- Maximum 4 people per group to ensure each participant receives step by step guidance.
- This 1.5 hour workshop has people painting beautiful art on canvas right from the very first day.
- Note: As the paintings will still be very wet at the end of the workshop it’s advisable to return at a convenient time to collect.
What to expect? Participants are warmly welcomed and we do a brief viewing of Jackie’s Gallery with an explanation of how the paintings were created. We then go onto our first painting of a desert landscape and participants select their choice of paint colours.
We then take a short break for morning/afternoon tea followed by the second painting of an aerial beach scene.
Accessibility: I currently don’t have wheelchair access but I’m working on it so please contact me for an update. Companion animals are welcome.
It’s heartwarming to see the smiles and pride at what develops for each participant on the canvas. It’s literally impossible to make a mistake and so this method is perfect for building self-esteem. In addition to my teaching art I also work as an intellectual disability support carer with adults living semi independently in the community and understand how difficult it can be finding fun activities that are also stimulating and rewarding.
As word spreads I’ve also had other bookings from people in the NDIS scheme with other health issues such as anxiety and depression. The outcomes are simply wonderful and I find these workshops very rewarding. Paint Pouring can also be used as a form of mediation so it’s wonderful for easing stress with a very calming feel.
My studio/gallery is set in a lovely garden park type setting and calm environment, noise free and peaceful.